Data Visualization for Sensemaking
What is sensemaking?
- It is the process that people make sense of data.
- It is differnet from data analysis, which usually relies on tools such as Excel, R, and Tableau.
- Sensemaking covers the entire process from collecting data, organising findings, forming hypothesis, and sharing the outcomes and analysis process.
The vis4sense research group
- A leading group on supporting sensemaking with data visualisation.
- Specialise in bespoke visual analytic system for complex Sensemaking tasks.
- Successfully delivered many Research & Development projects for a wide range of clients
Supporting Browser-Based Sensemaking through Analytic Provenance
Make everyday sensemaking tasks, such as finding the best camera, more efficient and less frustrating.
Understanding the Sensemaking Process through Analytic Provenance
Transcription and coding no longer takes days or weeks, so you can have time for the actual research.
Timeline Visualization with Set Relations
Track a person/organisation and see who is interacting with whom
Dr Kai Xu
Associate Professor in Data Analytics
Phong Hai Nguyen